Innovation. Collaboration. Determination.
Shannon is running to bring new energy to commission, visionary leadership, accountability, teamwork and open lines of communication. As a business law attorney, a business owner, property owner, landlord, Renaissance Covington board member/economic vitality chair, Latonia Uptown board member, and former professional athlete – Shannon has worn a lot of hats and brings her breadth of experience, collaborative mindset, relentless desire for a better tomorrow and the ability to work and advocate for it.
Shannon on the Issues
- Implement creative revenue producing models for city projects
- Bring new business by reducing red tape – increasing our tax base, not burden
- Fight for proportional safety (police/fire) representation for ALL parts of Covington
- Address flooding issues and hold SD1 accountable
- Make better/informed decisions for those hired to repair roads, sidewalks and assure completed effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with PDS to create better policies and processes, particularly for historic properties
- Be forward thinking in development and strategic with initiatives for revitalization efforts
- Use Technology to increase operational efficiency, data share, and improve government services and citizen welfare
- Engage each neighborhood to assure needs of all Covingtonians are heard
- Meet neighborhood leaders with regular cadence to voice concerns, communicate opportunity, hold those elected accountable
- Eliminate siloed efforts and create more public/private partnerships to advance city initiatives
- Strengthen Latonia Main street through collaboration with City and Renaissance Covington
Parks and Rec
Assure existing parks have adequate, well kept facilities, fields, courts, bike, and walking trails
Main Street Program in Latonia
We need to bring a Main Street Program comparable to Renaissance Covington to Latonia. A comparable program in Latonia can help the economic vitality of Latonia. Renaissance Covington receives city funding and will soon be on a self sustaining model. If Renaissance Covington can temporarily support to the program in Latonia, it could prove to be the perfect catalyst for new development.